Fool us three times? Shame, shame, shame.
If you can stand it, try a little experiment: Ask a Republican how Mitt Romney would be different than George W. Bush. I’ll tell you the answer you’ll get later and why it’s a lie. But first, let’s review how Mitt compares to George.
According to the Washington Times:
Public Act 4: Anti-democratic, anti-AmericanTomorrow, Wednesday, July 25th, the Michigan state Supreme Court will hear arguments regarding the petitions used to gather signatures to put Public Act 4, Michigan's Emergency Manager Law. At issue is whether or not a concocted lie about the font size of a single phrase on the petition, "REFERENDUM OF LEGISLATION", is enough to disenfranchise Michigan voters and throw away the voice of the nearly quarter million people who signed the petitions. You can join the protest at the Supreme Court tomorrow and free bus rides are available from around the state. Details after the jump.
Teach a Republican to fish...Anne and LOLGOP are teaming up to pair his Greatest Hits tweets with some of Anne's photos. Their first one, shown below, has been shared hundreds of times on Facebook already and it was just posted last evening. We're calling the new series "Graphically LOLGOP". Enjoy.
"Sometimes politics can seem very small. But the choice you face? It couldn't be bigger."The Obama campaign has a new ad out that's spectacular. Rather than presenting you with a lot of charts or facts, it features a calm, relaxed and confident President Obama looking straight at you. Light piano music plays in the background. He simply explains to essential differences between him and Mitt Romney. It's very effective. Have a look after the jump.
A successful myth, of course, but a myth nonethelessA study by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities released last week shows that the claim by Republicans that allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire on the wealthiest among would harm small businesses is a myth. In fact, only 2.5% of small business owners are in the top two tax rates and only 0.5% of them are millionaires. Ammunition to fight back against these lies after the jump.
Jase Bolger: “Nothing to see here, move along, we have unions to crush, women to deprive of reproductive rights”
I'm sorry we paused in our union-crushing, women's rights ending crusade...Late in the afternoon on Friday when most people were thinking more about their summer weekend ahead and not about state politics, Michigan House Speaker Jase Bolger gave the apology version of the Friday afternoon "news dump". In a piece published in the Detroit Free Press and put online at 2:56 p.m., he "apologized". More after the jump.
The eagle has landed. I repeat, the eagle has landedIf you're reading this, then all is well and the transfer to the new server has gone smoothly. A big shoutout to my pal Charles Gaba at Brainwrap for his work on this. We're happy to have found a new home that can accommodate our explosive growth. Obviously, along with these growing pains come new expenses. While I don't expect to make a living blogging any time soon (though, of course, that would be the Holy Grail), I'd at least like to break even. You can help with that by making a contribution to Eclectablog. How? Two ways. Details after the jump.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @DanaHoule: You think LBJ ever second-guessed passing the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act and Medicare? about 20 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Always nice to be reminded that there are there are people who think Christmas is more at risk in America than young black males. about 28 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @emptywheel: Someone should make it their full-time beat to track all the ways GOP gonna blow the deficit again. It'd be busy job. about 29 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @repjohnlewis: Only love can overcome hate. Only nonviolence can overcome violence. #FergusonDecision about 40 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RonBrownstein: Why the battle between #Obama and GOP Congress will likely spill into the '16 presidential race.This week's column http:… about 54 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite