Republicans are rebranding!
2013 is a whole new ballgame for the GOP. Instead of Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock making disgusting comments about rape, a Republican woman has decided to invent biology to justify making all abortion illegal even in cases of rape, a belief that only 9 percent of Americans share.
Celeste Creig, president of the volunteer organization California Republican Assembly, told The Bay Area News Group that pregnancies from rape are rare “because it’s an act of violence, because the body is traumatized.”
She didn’t go quite as far as Akin, the former Republican nominee for U.S.…
Michigan Democratic Party Chair Lon Johnson responds to my open letter about the future of the party
The carried interest loophole for millionaire traders is the perfect example of the tax breaks the GOP is risking recession to protect
This is why Mitt Romney pays a lower tax rate than you do
I’m about to shock you.
Read this: “Skewing income toward the upper, upper class hurts our economy because the rich tend to sit on their money — unlike lower- and middle-income people, who spend a large share of their paychecks, and hence stimulate economic activity.”
Guess who wrote it?
A Republican — the same guys who now won’t take credit for the sequestration cuts they won. And not just a regular Republican, the Republican woman who George W. Bush picked to run the FDIC — Shelia Bair.…
UPDATED: Rachel Maddow shows how Emergency Managers in Michigan don’t exactly have the best track record
"Alright, let's cue the Michigan tape..."The Rachel Maddow Show takes on Michigan's Emergency Financial Manager situation again: "THE most radical Republican experiment in the 21st Century. Why this is not a bigger national story still blows my mind." Video after the jump.
It’s official: half of Michigan African Americans will go without democratically-elected local government
How do you build a city up armed only with implements of destruction?This afternoon, Governor Rick Snyder announced that he will appoint an Emergency Financial Manager for Detroit calling it a "sad day" that he wished "had never happened in the history of Detroit". As I have already detailed in a post that has been cited by MSNBC and Huffington Post among others, this will result in 49% of the African Americans in Michigan being without a democratically-elected government. Click through for more.
Michigan GOP threatens unions/schools over contract extensions, Mackinac Center files frivolous lawsuit
Exploiting legal loopholes is only allowed if you are Republican or conservativeWith the date when Michigan officially becomes a Right to Work (for Less) state looming (March 28th), Michigan Republicans and the anti-union, anti-teacher conservative lobby group The Mackinac Center for Public Policy are in freak-out mode that unions would try to preserve some of their rights before they are stripped from them. Click through for all of the gory details and hypocrisy.
UPDATED: MI-07 GOP Congressman Tim Walberg lies openly about voting against Violence Against Women Act
ShamelessIn what might be one of the most brazen acts of public lying in some time, my "representative" Republican Congressman Tim Walberg went on the air today a lied about his vote against the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act. Details after the jump.
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @OhNoSheTwitnt: Remember, ladies, a spider is just as afraid of you as men's rights activists are. about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- That's what I think when I see his poll numbers too. https://t.co/fdE2X5wPy6 about 7 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Disgraceful that Congress has allowed care for 9/11 1st responders to die. Every Democrat on stage Tue should mention it. Non-Democrats too. about 7 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @aterkel: Hillary Clinton just made a surprise appearance at the labor protest outside the Trump hotel http://t.co/hP3tIkPGwQ about 8 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ben Carson says he knows for sure that America is a Christian nation because he learned it from the Founders -- Jesus and Ayn Rand. about 8 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite