DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz to kick off Ann Arbor OFA Day of Action SATURDAY – YOU are invited!
Let's roll!This Saturday, June 30th, 2012, Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will be in Ann Arbor to kick of a Day of Action canvass and phonebank for Obama for America (OFA), the campaign to re-elect President Obama. Starting at 10:00 a.m., the event includes both phonebanking and canvassing and YOU are invited. Before things get started, Ms. Wasserman Schultz will speak to volunteers to let them know what is at stake this year and how important their role is in the 2012 campaign. Details after the jump.
Conservative radio show host says nuns should be “pistol whipped”, Rep. Tom Latham cracks up laughing
Really? You went THERE?Conservative Iowa radio talk show host Jan Mickelson says that a group of nuns that are currently on a bus tour to lobby against the Paul Ryan plan should be pistol whipped. When he did so, his guest, Republican Congressman Tom Latham, could hardly control his laughter. In fact, he didn't. Audio and transcript after the jump.
Romney’s past says everything you need to know about how he’d govern & who he’d represent as president
Not just the past -- the past WEEKIt hasn't been a good week or two for Mitt Romney. His past, which he seems to think nobody will look at, think about, or care about, is beginning to catch up with him. Between his record as a failed job-creator as a governor and a successful jobs-destroyer as a businessman as well as a rare glimpse at just who he will be beholden to if he is elected, Mitt Romney has a severe and awesome image problem to overcome. One I doubt that he will. Much, much more after the jump.
What Democrats learned from 2004
Here’s the bad news: While the American economy is still doing better than the most of the industrialized world, it’s still a bummer. You know the private sector is doing quite well compared to the public sector. If the GOP hadn’t forced layoffs of more than 600,000 workers in the public sector, the unemployment rate would be close to 7%. If we’d added a million government jobs as we did during the Reagan era, we would be much better off than that.
However, we’re still in a jobs crisis. 6 out of 10 Americans know this is because of what happened during George W.…
I know it’s hard to believe but Romney voters are out there. The key thing is to not argue with them. Arguing often makes people defend a position they don’t actually have.
So I suggest you just say this:
Well, things are much better off now than they were when Bush left them. 27 months of creating jobs. We’re out of Iraq and bin Laden is gone.
And then I’d add one of these Romney doubt macros:
1. In the last half century, the economy has produced 66 million private sector jobs— 42 million of them under Democratic presidents, 24 million under the Republicans.…
EPIC FAIL: Troy Tea Party Mayor Janice Daniels tries (& fails) to challenge recall petitions on font size
You're kidding me, right?Troy Tea Party mayor Janice Daniels (R-Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs) is facing a recall challenge. What has flown under the radar is that, on June 18th, she challenged the petition signatures gathered for her recall based on -- wait for it -- FONT SIZE! Her challenge was both comical and, thankfully, an epic failure. Details after the jump.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @dailykos: Could this be why Joni Ernst is afraid of the Iowa press? http://t.co/6Be5Z10E8c about 26 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MarkSchauer: .@eclectablog: New PPP poll has Peters up by 14 points over what’s-her-name and Schauer tied 48-48 with Snyder http://t.co… about 32 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Devi_R_611: a must-read from @AriBerman - The Supreme Court Eviscerates the Voting Rights Act in Texas Voter-ID Decision http://t.co/e7… about 33 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I like to make feisty, grand statements about "Millennials" just to see who nods. "And just try to get Millennials to cut their toe nails!" about 40 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @gzornick: Mitch McConnell Reminds Everyone He Tried to Privatize Social Security | The Nation http://t.co/DG8juG027d about 42 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite